The Union Coal Co. gave to the Board of trustees of the Town of Como, a Warrenty deed as registered in Bk 38, pg. 288 on Aug 6, 1888. Five acres more or less was given as a cemetery and place of burial for the town of Como with the expressed understanding that it be used for those purposes only. The land is located in NE 1/4 SE 1/4 Sec 29 T8S R76W about 1/4 mile West of Boreas Pass Rd & N of Como County Rd #33. The Old Como Cermetery graves from the McLaughlin place were moved to the new area.
In 1976 there were about 580 marked and unmarked burials in the 10 acres of the cemetery.
Harold Warren's cemetery record data.