The Silver Springs Cemetery has had several names since the first burial in its ground, including Combs, Pine Gulch, Pine Grove, and Silver Springs. The cemetery is located on the Jefferson/Park County line, near Highway 285 and the junction of State Road 126. (Go south on 285 through Pine Junction to the road just past Wan Crest Road and turn left.) The first two burials were two Combs children, who died in 1879 from diphtheria. For a time, it was therefore called the Combs Cemetery.