Need Some Help With Your Research?
Foothills Genealogical Society of Colorado (FhGS) volunteers offers research assistance to members and non-members. While not professional genealogists, our volunteers are dedicated and experienced family historians.
Our primary area of research is Clear Creek, Gilpin, Jefferson and Park counties. Our volunteers consult the 1885 Colorado State Census Index, available birth, marriage and death records, 75+ indexes and publications done by Foothills; along with limited look-ups at the Colorado State Archives, Steven Hart Library, and Denver Public Library Genealogy Department.
- The Surname research fee is $10 per hour, with a maximum of two hours. One hour, minimum, is nonrefundable and must accompany all mail-in research requests. Obituaries are $10 per obituary.
- All proceeds benefit FhGS as we promote an interest in genealogy, instruct members and the public in genealogical research, and pursue preservation of records.
- All fees incurred by our volunteers while researching will be passed on to the requester. This includes, but is not limited to, fees charged by local repositories, parking, copies, and postage.
- Research requests are usually handled on a first-come first-served basis. Some queries require more research, while others can be answered quickly. NO long distance telephone requests. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for a response.
The query must include the full name of the individual to be researched along with AT LEAST one approximate date for birth, marriage and/or death. Also, please provide the time period that the individual was in Colorado and, if known, the county of residence.
- Send e-mail requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org Email requests must submit the requested fees before information will be provided.
- Send mail-in requests and a check payable to Foothills Genealogical Society to:
Foothills Genealogical Society of Colorado, Inc.
P. O. Box 150382
Lakewood, CO 80215-0382
For more in-depth research, a list of qualified researchers will be sent upon request. Please include a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.