Foothills Genealogical Society
Filter by Category:  
Timeframe:

Search:   For:    Search  Clear Search
Listings Per Page: 

Records: 1 to 10 of 10


Friday, April 28
Google Earth Pro for Genealogists  (Class)
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Belmar Library, 555 So. Allison Parkway, Lakewood, CO

This class will be about how Google Earth Pro can be used by genealogists. We will be looking at the tools available through this software to Placemark the location of our ancestors’ homes, and attach photos and other information to those Placemarks.  We’ll learn about the Historic Maps and Imagery that are available.  We’ll learn how to use the Search Panel, Places Panel and Layers Panel.  We’ll learn about Street View and 3D Data. And, we’ll learn how to share our information with others.  There will be opportunity for attendees to ask questions as we go. The instructor will be

Pam Heath, Foothills Education Coordinator.

info@foothillsgenealogy.org

Suggested Donation:  $5.00, collected on the day of the Class




Saturday, May 6 through Saturday, May 6
Family Discovery Day  (Workshops)
8:30 am to 3:50 pm
Aurora Colorado Family History Center, 950 Laredo St., Aurora, CO 80011
Come Learn How to Make Your Family Tree Grow!
 


Saturday, May 6
Palatines to America and WHG, Denver Public Library-Seminar & Book Fair  (Area Society Meetings & Events)
9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Central Denver Public Library-Lower Level Conference Center - 10 W. 14th Ave, Denver, CO
The Colorado Chapter - Palantines to America and the Western History and Genealogy Department of the Denver Public Library present an All-day Seminar and Book Fair.
Featuring: Fritz Juengling, Ph. D, AG
"German Names: Their Orgins, Meanings, and Distribution"
"Germans from Russia: Their History, and Resources for Research"
"German Guild Records: Filling in the Gaps when Parish Records do not Exist"
 


Wednesday, May 17
Research Trip-Denver Public Library  (Tours and Trips)
10:00 am to 3:30 pm
14 West 14th Ave, Denver, Colorado
Sign up sheet will be passed around at the Foothills General Meeting, April and May.

10:00 A.M. – Meet at Applewood Valley United Methodist Church (if carpooling)

[If not carpooling, meet us on the 5th Floor of the Central Denver Public Library by 10:40 A.M.]

 

Grab your Family Group Sheets, identify your Brick Walls, focus on information you still need for your Family Trees.  Come join us, we will be carpooling down to the Central Denver Public Library, for a research day at the Western History/Genealogy Department on the 5th Floor of the Library.  According to the FamilySearch website, the Denver Public Library has one of the largest collections of genealogical material in the western United States.  James Jeffrey, Genealogist and Special Collections Librarian, will be taking us for a tour of the 5th Floor in the morning.  Then the rest of the day is yours to devote to your research.  His staff, and some of our FhGS Board Members, will be available to assist you.  We’ll be leaving around 3:30 p.m. to head back to the Church.



Sunday, May 21
Using Your Tablet/Smartphone as a Genealogical Tool (on the go)  (Class)
7:00 pm
Aurora Colorado Family History Center, 950 Laredo St., Aurora, CO 80011
Presented by Paul Mcgee



Thursday, June 1
Digging Deeper with Family Search  (Class)
7:00 pm
Aurora Colorado Family History Center, 950 Laredo St., Aurora, CO 80011
Presented by Vickie Smejkal
Of all the resource records that have been digitized, only 30% are indexed.  How would you like to find the other 70%? Many records are waiting to be indexed, however, you do not have to wait to find them.
 


Sunday, June 11
Digging Deeper with Family Search  (Class)
7:00 pm
Aurora Colorado Family History Center, 950 Laredo St., Aurora, CO 80011
Presented by Vickie Smejkal
Of all the resource records that have been digitized, only 30% are indexed.  How would you like to find the other 70%? Many records are waiting to be indexed, however, you do not have to wait to find them.



Wednesday, August 30 through Saturday, September 2
Federation Genealogical Society-Building Bridges to the Past  (Conferences)
Pittsburgh, Pennsyvania
The Federation of Genealogical Societies along with host Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society will hold the annual FGS National Conference August 30 - September 2, 2017 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
For more Information  https://fgs.org/
 



Saturday, October 7 through Sunday, October 8
Discover Your Swedish Roots  (Workshops)
Lindsborg, Kansas
Discover Your Swedish Roots
Lindsborg, Kansas
Genealogy Workshops Using Arkivdigital
Topics:
How Do I Start?
Swedish Church Records
Estate Inventories, Military Records
Name Searchable Registers
Historic Maps, Ship Records
Finding Living Relatives


Friday, October 13 through Sunday, October 15
Great Canadian Genealogy Summit  (Conferences)
Lord Nelson Hotel, Halifax, NS